TuffBlock - The World’s Easiest Foundation System for Decks
Since the inception of Deck Blocks in 1988 in the USA, instant foundation blocks have been the preferred method for creating a strong and stable foundation for many professional & DIY projects worldwide. The concept has literally revolutionised the way we look at deck & raised platform construction, with millions of projects completed each year using the system.
TuffBlock’s are made of high strength closed loop recycled polyolefin material with an ultra high UV rating. Designed with a ventilated underside to prevent moisture buildup and deter termites. TuffBlock’s are the only block product that are able to be secured to the post/bearer for extra stability.
An individual TuffBlock can support up to 770 kgs (1,700 lbs) and weighs only 680 grams (1½ lbs). Designed to suit metric standards, TuffBlock's will accept 35-41mm or 41-47mm joists and bearers as well as 90x90mm or 100x100mm posts. TuffBlock's are the lightest, most versatile and easy to use deck foundation system on the market.
Unique to the TuffBlock is the ability for low level decking, it is now possible to build a deck as low as 140mm (5.51 inches) without the need for digging. No more ugly concrete blocks in your yard. The slimline profile and satin black finish means a TuffBlock easily blends into the landscape and surrounds.
- Made in Australia for Australia, Made in America for USA and Canada
- Designed to suit metric standards, TuffBlock's will accept 35-41mm or 41-47mm joists and bearers as well as 90x90mm or 100x100mm posts
- Ultra-lightweight concrete alternative, with each block weighing 680 grams
- 28 times lighter than standard concrete and 11 times lighter than the Handi Block
- Each block will support up to 770 kilograms and tested to over 5,000 kilograms.
- Popular alternative to digging holes, mixing concrete and waiting for it to set
- Multi-purpose foundation for a range of home improvement projects including decks, garden sheds, landings, pathways, raised walkways, cubby houses, dog shelters and more.
Deck blocks were introduced over 30 years ago in the USA and since then instant foundation blocks have been embraced worldwide for creating strong and stable foundations for both professional and DIY projects.
TuffBlock's are Australian Made for Australia and New Zealand and are Made in America for the USA. They are an ultra-lightweight concrete alternative, with each block weighing 680 grams and supporting up to 770 kilograms. They are 28 times lighter than standard concrete and 11 times lighter than the Handi Block.
TuffBlock's are an extremely popular alternative to digging holes, mixing concrete and waiting for it to set.
As more than just a deck foundation, TuffBlock's are a versatile utility block and the options are endless for how you can use them to make completing your projects a breeze. TuffBlock's are a popular multi-purpose foundation for a range of home improvement projects including decks, garden sheds, landings, pathways, raised walkways, cubby houses, dog shelters and more.
Note: As always it is recommended to check your local building guidelines before starting any construction. We always suggest you get the thumbs up from your local council and a qualified builder before starting your project.